Author(s): DK Travel Guide Staff
Your journey starts here. We've reimagined and updated our iconic DK Eyewitness travel guides. This brand new South Africa guide, now in a lightweight format, has been expertly curated with all new photography plus DK's much-loved illustrations and maps.
- Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love South Africa: world-class museums, the magnificent Table Mountain, getting up close to amazing wildlife on a safari - what will yours be?
- See South Africa from a different angle: lots of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A fully illustrated and detailed field guide to South Africa's incredible wildlife
- A year-long calendar of events in South Africa gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
- Detailed color maps help you navigate the country with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of food and drink stops en route.
- Hand-drawn illustrations highlight the must-see attractions, including the Castle of Good Hope, Boschendal Manor House and the V&A Waterfront.
- Covers Cape Town; The Western Cape and Southern Cape; The East Coast and Interior; Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga; and The Arid Interior.
DK Eyewitness Travel South Africa is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Planning a shorter break? Try our Top 10 Cape Town and the Winelands.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. In 2018 the Eyewitness series was relaunched with a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.